Wednesday 11 April 2012

Quilted Sherbet Pips Pillow

I've been a little unmotivated to sew lately. Since December, I've been making a lot of small gifts for family and friends (bags, crayon rolls, blankets, etc) and realized that I haven't made a single thing for little miss. Although I love making things for other people, I decided to go back to my sewing roots and do a little quilting! And for those of you who know me...YES, I am indeed a closet quilter.

So I looked through my fabric stash and found this quilted pillow kit that I picked up during last year's Knitting and Stitching Show. The pillow is made from 3 different fat quarters and took me about 2 hours to make. I decided to do free hand straight line quilting on the sides and free motion in the center panel. I haven't free motion quilted in a while so this project was a great warm up.

Sherbet Pips Pillow:


You can see that my free motion still needs some work. I need to get those stitches smooth and even!



I also have a matching charm squares pack so I feel a full fledged quilt in the works :)

No comments:

Post a Comment