Friday 13 January 2012

Fat Quarter Crayon Rolls

I wanted to try and sew a few Christmas presents this year and decided to make some fat quarter crayon rolls for some of Little Miss's friends. My inspiration came from a crayon roll that I purchased at a craft fair earlier this year. I always keep it in my bag because it's great for occupying little ones when eating out.I used this tutorial from Rosey Corner Creations and the pattern was easy to follow and modify as needed.

A few small changes:
- I didn't use batting in between as I found it a bit bulky based on the fabrics I was using.
- I cut the fabric length to only 13" as my chunky crayons came in packs of 12.





Fabrics were purchased from the Eternal Maker booth (my favorite choice for japanese fabrics in the UK) during my last trip to the Knitting and Stitching show at Alexandra Palace. I used colored pony tail holders for the elastic (purchased from boots). The various buttons came from my stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment