Sunday 10 June 2012

Union Jack Quilted Pillow

This week's sewing project was a Union Jack pillow for DH's aunt. Since we were going to celebrate her birthday this weekend and because it's Jubilee season, I thought this would be an appropriate gift. 


I used a kit from The Bramble Patch (purchased from last year's Knitting and Stitching show) and it contained the pattern and all the fabric. Finished size is approximately 30cm x 50cm.

The pattern was a touch difficult to follow. I had to work on it late at night and made a few mistakes (so probably my fault) but I worked it out in the end. 


I finally got to use one of the decorative stitches on my sewing machine!


Because I had loads of scraps left over (and because I'm a glutton for punishment), I made 2 matching coasters. The witty print on the right is also used on the back of the pillow.


All packed up and ready to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment