Tuesday 4 December 2012

My First Craft Fair!

I finally had my very first craft fair experience this past weekend. I signed up to have a table at my daughter's Christmas fair and gave myself about 1 month to prepare. Here's a quick photo of my table set-up...


I shared a table with another school mom/friend who sold water color paintings so it was good to share the experience and cost of the table.


There was a lot of foot traffic but I didn't sell as much as I had hoped. I made enough to cover my cost of materials plus a small profit but it was all about the experience for me. I've always wanted to try my hand at selling at a craft fair so I kept an open mind. But all-in-all, I would probably do it again as it was great fun meeting and talking to new people. 

Just not for another few months!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you made your costs back at least at the craft fair, and enjoyed the experience. Did you find you sold far more of the cheaper items, and that many admired the more expensive items, but didn't buy? I know a few people who have found it tough going at fairs! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Table looks fantastic, loads of great stuff.

    ReplyDelete