Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Introducing "Dolly"...the ClothKits Doll

This week, I finally finished this doll for little miss. She's lovingly referred to as "Dolly" for now but we like her just the same.

"Dolly" is made from a Clothkitty Kikki doll kit, from clothkits. Her dress is made from the Dove and Cherries dress kit, also from clothkits.

"Helloooo!" Dolly...

And here she is before the dress was completed:

 I really like the little bracelet detail...

I really like the concept of clothkits (fabric, pattern and instructions all in one kit) and this was my first kit from the company. It's also the first doll that I have ever made. Plus, it's one of the few dolls I've come across that actually resembles my daughter.

I'm really happy with the results but I didn't find the process too easy.  It's probably just me, but I realized just how much I hate sewing curvy lines and using a 0.5 cm seam allowance. I'm much more comfortable with straight line stitching. Her legs sort of overlap and she has a wonky neck but I'm sure little miss doesn't mind :)

I suppose this is why I love quilting so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment